Friday, September 17, 2010

Quick Update!

Well it has been over a year since I have last updated our blog. I guess it is about time. Well lots has happened and I don't know where to start. I will just start with posting about our new house. Ben and I bought a house in the middle of May and we are loving it. Here are a few picture for you to enjoy.





(No that is not our car nor trailer but it is the picture I took right before we bought the house)



(The view from the front door)



(The kitchen and family room)



(The kitchen)



(The basement, pretty empty right now)



(Our bedroom, again pretty empty)

That is the quick tour of our home. We love the neighborhood and could not have asked for a better place for us to be. The backyard is in the process of being finished. We just laid sod yesterday. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

In other news my little brother Todd just left on his mission to Spokane, Washington. He leaves from the MTC on Monday for Spokane. He is going to be a great missionary. We miss him lots! Here are a few pictures right before he left.





Over labor-day weekend Geoff and Emily blessed baby, Kate. It was great to be a part of such a special blessing. We didn't get too many pictures of the occasion but here is one of the Godfrey clan.



We miss Geoff and Emily and their family but it was fun to spend a couple of weeks with them. My sister Trisha also had her baby in the middle of August. We have not been able to meet baby Ryan yet but we look forward to Christmas when we will be able to give him lots of hugs and kisses. Here is a picture of the cute little guy.



We love being an Aunt and Uncle. It is the best.

Lastly I have just started my student teaching in second grade and I love it. It is funny how nervous I was for the whole experience but now that I know the students I feel totally in my element. I know I am going to love teaching. It is going to be a lot of work this year but I also know that there is nothing else I would rather be doing. As for Ben, he has been traveling to the hip hop happening spot of Idaho, Falls. He is not so much loving that experience and looks forward to the end of October when he can finally stay at home. There is the quick update. I promise I will not go a year before I update again.

5 comments:

  1. You better not go a year before posting again. :) I LOVED the blog!!! Your house is so incredibly cute. I had no idea that you had such a knack (did I spell that right?) for decorating. Your house is darling, but your finishing touches make it beautiful and so homey feeling. Even your furniture & the way it complements the house...Way to go! Can I fly you out here to give me some interior decorating ideas?

    Thanks for posting the pics of Todd and cute little Kate and Ryan. I miss the family. Todd will be an awesome missionary. I am so excited for him!

    It was fun to "skype" with you guys yesterday. Sounds like all is well, busy, but well...Please don't go another year before posting again. :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I actually couldn't believe it when I saw this was just updated. And I agree with Trish, keep it up! I love your house! It is so cute and I'm sure you are loving your new grass in the backyard. That was fun seeing you guys when we were in town! I'm sad it might not be until Christmas till we are back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see a new post! The house looks great and once I have the energy, I'm going to run down and visit you guys. Hopefully you found a good spot for your picture of the temple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what, it's been a year. You lied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now it's been more than a year. Come on Tara! I want some baby pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete