Monday, June 15, 2009

Life Lately!

Well, since we haven't blogged in what seems like forever, we have a lot of updating to do. First, Ben and I were able to meet cute baby Breckyn for the first time. We were able to spend a wonderful weekend in St. George with Bryce and Kelly but unfortunately my camera was not working. We returned home and were able to attend Breckyn's blessing. She is such an adorable baby and you can't help but smile when around her.

In other exciting and most definitely wonderful news .... Ben GRADUATED! He is officially done with his accounting degree and has a bright future ahead of him. He has worked so hard to get to where he is today and I can't be more excited and proud of him.

Ben officially starts his new job with KPMG on November 9th. He is currently studying for the CPA exam. Congratulations, Ben! We all wish you luck with the CPA exam.


After graduation and the end of the semester Ben and I both needed a vacation and what better way to spend it then going to Charleston, South Carolina. This was the Godfrey family vacation and what a trip it was! We stayed at an island beach resort called Kiawah. We stayed in a Villa on a beautiful lagoon.

We were able to spend time with the alligators (don't worry we didn't get too close).


The beach was definitely a highlight and lots of relaxing times were spent there. In the picture below is cute Annie enjoying every minute of it!

We were even able to sneak in a family photo.



The boys were able to get in a few rounds of golf (which could be an understatement) but I guess they deserved it. Don't worry the girls had their share of time shopping and spending time getting a massage. Below are a few pictures of the courses the guys played. The favorite was definitely the Ocean Course and yes, they were golfing right next to the ocean. How awesome is that!

We were also able to go to an oyster roast where I tasted my first oyster. I don't know if I'm a big fan but at least I can say I tried them. I didn't feel too bad about not loving them because Dan (Ben's dad) ate enough for the whole family.

We were able to eat some good low country barbecue. Here are a few pictures of our favorite restaurants.

We were even able to get some tourist time in which included visiting the market, shopping in downtown Charleston, and visiting historic sites.


Oh how we miss Charleston! It is rough getting back to real life. We miss spending time with the Godfrey clan and the beautiful sunsets and scenery, but we will definitely be back some day!




























































6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted! Looks like you're having such a fun summer. Charleston looks gorgeous. Congrats for Ben! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you were a bloggin' girl! It's good to see your pictures! I am going to make mine a private one so send me you email if you want to be able to look at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey chica! You haven't posted anything new on your blog for about 5 months...How are you? Where is my long lost sister? :) Call me when you have a chance. Or you can just post another blog entry or send an email my way.

    I hope all is well. I'm curious how Ben is doing with all of his CPA tests. Isn't he just about done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll update my blog if you do... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok....I updated mine. When are you updating yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you realize that it's been a year since you updated your blog, right??? Hurry up and update it already! Sheesh! :-)

    ReplyDelete